Installation and Setup
For those of you new to Events Manager, we highly recommend you check out our getting started page, which gives a quick overview of how to get up and running.
Payments Setup (pro)
Once you’ve installed Events Manager, it’s time to start adding event and locations! Here’s some handy links to help you along the way.
Requires knowledge of HTML.There are several ways of showing your events throughout your site. Here are some of the basics. Each way has its advantages and offer varying levels of flexibility. If you are a developer wishing for more flexibility, it’s advised you check out the developer docs too.
- Placeholders - change event page information/layouts
- Conditional Placeholders - placeholders that display on conditions being met
- Shortcodes - for pages/posts
- Event Search Attributes - add filters and options to shortcodes
- Custom Event/Location Fields – Add custom fields to your events
- Optimization Recommendation – plugin-specific tips to speed up your website
- General Optimization Recommendations – more tips to speed up your website
- Upgrading to Dev-Versions – Get the latest and greatest!
- WP Cron – Recommended setup of scheduled tasks
Developer Docs & Tutorials
If you have some experience using PHP and editing wordpress themes or plugins, you may find the more advanced features useful, as they provide a very high degree of flexibility and power, which you can use in your own theme customization.
If after reading the documentation you get stuck, there’s a lot of places to find help. We do recommend you read the documentation though, there’s a good chance the answer is there already!