Zoom Events are Here!
Posted on June 24, 2020
We’re happy to announce a new integration with Events Manager : Zoom Events!
We’ve been working hard over the past few months to create a new way to host non-physical events, with the intention of creating webinar integrations in general. The first to come to light is our Zoom integration, which will make use of the upcoming Events Manager 5.8 feature, Event Location Types
This is a full and direct integration with Zoom Meetings, Webinars. By that we mean a direct integration with Zoom which allows you to:
- Create and edit Zoom Meetings/Webinars whilst creating/editing events.
- Sync booking registrations and cancellations made on Events Manager
- Display essential webinar/meeting information with new placeholders and conditional placeholders.
- Include private Zoom Join URLs in booking confirmation emails.
- Filter and display Zoom events in custom lists and calendars using our shortcode search attributes.
Once set up, creating an Zoom Meeting Event is as simple as creating an event, and enabling bookings on Events Manager. Done! No need for third party connections such as Zapier, no need to go back and forth between EM and Zoom!
Best of all, this integration is FREE for all users. In these trying times, we feel that it’s important to give something back to an industry that has been particularly hit hard by the ongoing pandemic. We hope this helps you continue running awesome events!
Moreover, since this is a direct integration with our bookings system, users with Pro licenses will also be able to make use of Pro features such as:
- Accepting online (and offline) payments to register.
- Custom questions syncing via our booking form customizer.
- Book multiple registrants at once with attendee custom booking forms.
- Book multiple events (and registrants) using Multiple Booking Mode.
Again, this is included in the FREE Zoom integration plugin, therefore you do not need to get the latest Pro update to get this working!
Awesome! Where do I get it?
You can download the plugin here. We intend to make this available on wordpress.org shortly (pending approval from the .org plugins team).
We have also created full setup instructions to help you get up and running.
Please note that this functionality depends on the “Event Location Types” feature available in the upcoming Events Manager 5.9.8 update, which we intend to release in the coming days. We have released a beta version already, 126.96.36.199, which contains these features and can be updated already via the WordPress dashboard.