Version 4.0.1 Released
Posted on May 7, 2011
After Thursday’s fiasco, 4.0 was put out pretty quickly to get everyone’s events working asap, but there were still a few outstanding bugs. This update fixes the major bugs, and leaves 4.0.1 in a pretty good state!
For those with update issues, before posting on the forum or on here, please read the recent release notes post which explains some common issues experienced when upgrading. Most importantly, contrary to some people claim, your events are not deleted! Those deleted their events and recreated probably did so in vain, they old events will have remained be in the database, it’s 99.9% chance you need to change a setting here or there and things will come back up as normal.
Below is a list of fixed bugs:
- fixed recurrence slug and creation issue
- fixed created/modified dates which weren’t always updating
- added British Virgin Islands and Greenland to countries list
- got rid of known php warnings
- fixed various issues with the search form ajax and loaded state/region values
- added extra location info to columns
- location placeholders fixed
- attribute now working properly as intended
Other outstanding/known bugs are:
- Some ical feeds aren’t being picked up properly due to double line spacing.
- Very rarely with certain dates recurrences might skip the first or last events.
Most complaints regarding events manager and upgrade issues are directly related with the upgrade not updating the database, which can happen for various reasons. If you experience any upgrade issues from 3.x to 4.x please read the following two posts:
http://wp-events-plugin.com/news/events-manager-4-0-released/ (near the end)
http://wp-events-plugin.com/tutorials/trigger-a-plugin-update-or-activation/ – in case you revert back and forth trying to fix this, update dbem_version to 3.09x (depending on your version).
If you run into problems after reading the above, please post troubleshooting issues in the support forums.