Hey! Try out our new documentation pages, hope you like it!
Recurring events are events that occur more than once in regular intervals. Recurring events are useful if you want to create many single-day events using the same information once.
Recurring events are enabled by default, but you can activate/deactivate this feature within your Events > Settings > General > General Options settings area.
Recurring events are handled in a separate area to normal events, which can be found in Events > Recurring Events of your admin menu. You can add recurring events by clicking the Add Recurring Event button on this page. Editing recurring events is much the same as a normal event, however, you will see extended options for recurrence patterns when choosing event dates and times.
There are a few important differences between single and recurring events. Here’s a list of them:
- When a recurring event is created, the start and end dates become the starting and ending dates where an event can occur, according to the recurrence options used.
- Each recurrence is treated as a separate event.
- If a person makes a booking at a recurring event, they are booked for the specific day, not the whole recurring set (more options on the way).
- If you attempt to edit a single recurrence of an event, only that event will be modified.
- You can detach an event from a set of recurrences by clicking the ‘detach’ link when editing an event or viewing the admin events list.
- If you reschedule a recurring event, all information pertaining to attached recurrences (e.g. bookings, etc.) is deleted and recreated as a new event.
- Deleting a Recurring Event will delete attached recurrences.
To reschedule an event, you can either click on the reschedule link from a single event editing page, or also click on the reschedule link next to a recurrence within the admin events list.
To edit a single recurrence, click on the event name itself, like when editing a normal single event.