RC1 is out, Upgrade Now!
Posted on December 21, 2011
This is the first (and maybe only?) Release Candidate of Version 5, meaning this is where we stop making changes and focus on the process of documenting this new plugin.
If you know your way around WordPress and Events Manager, now would be a good time to start upgrading. Whilst we’re going to hold off the final release until next week after Christmas, you could consider this a final release, as this has been tested in various installations and works very well (the upgrade process in recent cases all go through very smoothly, tested on sites with 1000’s of events).
We also have upgrade instructions, which we hope will outline what to expect and how to make a smooth transition.
Here’s a summary of changes since Beta 3
- Cleaned up UI for submitting events on your site (outside wp-admin)
- BuddyPress is not needed anymore for submitting and managing events! You can assign pages for submitting events, locations and managing bookings.
- If you have WordPress 3.3 or higher you can make use of the new editor.
- Split “My Bookings” away from events page, another page for you to choose.
- Fixed event tags and tag/category permissions
- Added tag formatting options
- Fixed some permalinking issues when events page is the front page.
- Improved search function (now works as front-page)
- Improved date formatting options for two new placeholders : #_EVENTDATES and #_EVENTTIMES