Events Manager 4.0.2 Released
Posted on May 10, 2011
The current release fixes various bugs:
- updated default formats and event options on install
- fixed title meta location problem
- added town/country/state/region search attributes for locations
- added extra linking formatting for calendars (minor tweak for bug report)
- datepicker locale now matches WPLANG setting (if applicable)
- fixed recurrence and category issues
- changed version update mechanism
Two nuances in this update:
Updates not going smoothly
Over the past months, I’ve received a lot of complaints regarding updates not going smoothly. I now know why and made a screencast to help you upgrade… it was a change in wordpress behaviour, so this could have happened as early as since 2.9 if you used bulk updating. I made a screencast for those with past upgrade issues, however, this update should now allow you to install your plugin however you like and no de/reactivation required!
If you created recurrences in 4.0 (i.e. over the past few days or during the beta), the links currently point to the first recurrence. In 4.0.1 or earlier, only the first recurrence would have the right categories too. To fix this, you just need to reshedule each set of recurrences (i.e. click reschedule on any recurrence) and save the previous settings without modifying anything. If you have bookings in these recurrences, you shouldn’t do this, as you’ll lose booking information. You’ll need to edit those with a booking individually first, then do the above. After that, delete the duplicate recurrences without the booking information. Sorry for the inconvenience if this affects you!